Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Aa {apple}

Today was much more successful (meaning: FUN)! Millie LOVED reading "The Apple Tree" and acting out the rhyme using the tree and apples we colored and cut out (I put double-sided tape on the back of the apples to keep them on the tree .. and on Millie's belly once she "ate" them). We read this poem at least 10 times! I will definitely be doing something like this every week.



"I shook the tree as hard as I could"
 
Millie's turn to "read" while I held the tree!

The apple stamping craft went just as well! The apple got a bit slippery once it was coated with paint, and Millie ended up painting with it rather than stamping, but still fun!



Making our "worm" out of stale Cheerios (M ate the rest)


We even had a chance to do some science today! Can you tell which apple slices had been sitting out while we did our apple stamping?


Aa snack: apples and animal crackers!

Millie doing her impression of the Fonz: "Ayyy!" 


Thanks to Pinterest (are you on Pinterest yet? I LOVE it! I am finding some amazing Millie ideas on there! You can follow me here.) I have discovered this inspiring homeschooling blog: Confessions of a Homeschooler. She shares tons of great ideas for kiddos - young and old. Definitely check it out!

After Millie's nap, we'll be doing the "Letter A Do-a-Dot Page" found about halfway down this page. But we'll be using stickers instead of Do-a-Dot Art Markers (though I'm thinking we may need to buy some of those ...).


No comments:

Post a Comment