Friday, September 23, 2011

Week 2 recap

We have been busy this week, so I haven't had a chance to sit down and blog until today. Here's what we've been up to:
 




Bb for Bananas and Boat and Bats
 We attempted Bubble Painting with little success, as I couldn't get the bubbles to take on the color from the paint or food coloring (I'm not sure what I did wrong, so any suggestions would be appreciated!). However, there were BUBBLES! everywhere, so we had fun.

Great tip: use a pin to poke a hole at the top of the straw. Then child can still blow but won't accidentally drink it!
While attempting to pour out bubbles, I also poured out colored water. Spills are fun!
 We also played with our new color wheel. Millie had a bit of trouble with the clothespins, but I think that's part of the activity. She didn't get frustrated, so we stuck with it 1-10!



Today we made lava lamps! So easy! I think Millie enjoyed putting the Alka-Seltzer tablets in more than anything else, so we used a lot of them. But there was lot of fun science going on: Look! The water is at the bottom And at the end we put in two full tablets and watched it all spill down the drain.




And then we messed with PlayDoh. "Happy birthday to mama!" Hooray a yummy cake!




No comments:

Post a Comment